Wednesday, April 1, 2009

apple and apricot pie.

I had a guest visiting and she asked, "what kind of pie are we going to make?" I wouldn't normally make a guest bake her own desert, but this one loves to cook and bake and we always have culinary adventures together. I looked at my pie recipes to try and saw one for an apple apricot pie. It looked just the thing, besides the other recipes on the list are more 'gelatinous' an evil word in the guests opinion. We modified the recipe a bit, something we're apt to do, but it is basically an apple pie with apricots replacing some of the apples and sugar. We used about 1 1/2 cans of drained canned apricots. In the summer, I will try fresh apricots in this pie. Oh and no slicing or dicing of the apricots! This pie has a bit of a tart kick and is very good with a little vanilla ice-cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment