Thursday, April 30, 2009

the $350 dollar chocolate chip cookie

If you've been somewhere on this earth in the last 50 years you have probably received some version of the $350 cookie. It usually comes with a sob story about how while dining at a restaurant the customer asks for the recipe of a rather delicious cookie. She is told it costs three-fifty and agrees and gets a copy. After receiving her bill she is shocked to see it is three-hundred and fifty dollars but because she has seen the super-secret recipe they won't take it off her bill. Her revenge is to circulate the recipe. Ha, ha! I've received this by email more than a decade ago and came across a mimeographed copy in an elderly relatives recipe file. I've been craving chocolate and this sounded like it might be a savior, so I decided it was time to see if it lives up to the hype. It is a very good cookie, but nothing I swooned over (of course I realized later I didn't add the white sugar, maybe that would make it swoon-worthy?). Have you tried this cookie? Do you think their is any truth to this urban legend?


No comments:

Post a Comment