Friday, March 20, 2009

breaking ground: White House organic garden



I'm really excited that Michelle put America's eating habits on her agenda. Metabolic disorders are skyrocketing across the country and the world. Due to my own health problems I am at a greater risk than the average American to develop metabolic disorders, including diabetes. Although I've always eaten healthily (I'm probably one of the few teenagers who came home from school and snacked on carrots and green beans on their own accord) the fear of becoming a statistic has encouraged me to watch my diet. If you want to do the same, start watching your portions (measure them at first), eat a low glycemic and high fiber diet, exercise more (walks!) and eat healthy fats. It's basically what we always hear: fats, fiber, sugar, portions and exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment