Friday, June 26, 2009

salmon quiche

My dad loves, loves, loves salmon so I made a salmon quiche for father's day brunch. It is really delicious and I think even better as leftovers (can that be?). I ate it for lunch with some beets and raspberries.

Salmon Quiche
Prepare one olive oil whole wheat crust. I used the C&Z recipe with fresh oregano and rosemary in the crust. Blind bake crust (10 minutes at 350 deg F).

Filling:
1 1/2 c. chard, chopped (or other green)
1-2 T. shallots, sliced thinly
1 T. butter
1 c. feta cheese, crumbled
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. whipping cream
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t. sea salt
1/8 t. black pepper
3/4 c. salmon, crumbled (mine was pre-cooked, but cut into small pieces if raw)

In small skillet, cook chard and shallots in butter, over medium heat until soft. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients. When chard is cool add to mixture. Pour into tart shell. Try to distribute filling evenly.* Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Remove and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.

*Because I prepared this several days in advance for ease on father's day I covered the quiche and placed in freezer. The night before serving I moved to the fridge and baking time was similar to fresh made. If you're moving straight from freezer to oven expect to increase baking time by at least 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment