Wednesday, November 25, 2009

curied celery potage

This past weekend when I saw my CSA list for the week I thought, "very thanksgiving, but what am I going to do with that celery?" I like the crunch of celery, but usually use it in bits (and buy one or two stalk at a time) and just wasn't sure what to do with a whole bunch. All brilliant ideas are hatched just before we fall asleep and that's when I thought, 'celery potage'. I usually make this potage with celeriac and sweet potato but it can also be made with celery as a variation.

Curried Celery Potage
2 t. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 leak, washed and sliced
1 1/2 lb. celery, chopped (reserve leaves for garnish or include in soup)
1 T. curry powder
4 c. stock
8 oz. potatoes, washed and diced
salt + pepper, as needed

Heat oil in soup pot and add onion, leek and celery. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add curry powder and cook for two more minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Blend with handblender (or by other method). Reheat until hot and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment