Friday, October 9, 2009

snippy doodles

In a seemingly desperate state of needing something sweet I scoured my recipes to see what I could make with my limited ingredients (nearly out of flour and brown sugar) and came across this 'snippy doodle' recipe. It is light and fluffy and would be spectacular with some fresh pressed apple cider!

Snippy Doodle
Cream:
2 T. butter
2/3 c. suar

Sift together:
1 c. cake flour (I used all-purpose)
1/8 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon

Mix:
1/2 c. milk
1 egg, well-beaten

Alternately add dry ingredients and egg mixture to creamed mixture. Spread thinly in a wax paper lined 9"x13" pan. Bake in 350 deg. F oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar (about 1 T.) and continue baking for 10 minutes. Cut in squares. Serve warm or cooled. Yield 18 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment