Friday, September 4, 2009

pasta roma

As a high-school exchange student I was introduced to all sorts of new foods (and, well, everything). One of my host-moms, italian by birth and culture, has lived most of her life in Belgium. She is the most delightful cook and introduced me to pasta roma. She always used fresh pasta and would cook it for my Wednesday lunch (half day at school) and I loved it. I haven't made it in awhile, but just made it for lunch.

Pasta Roma
olive oil
garlic, crushed
parmesan cheese
pasta (traditionally fettuccine)

Mix olive oil and garlic and heat in microwave for 20 seconds. Be careful not to fry the garlic, if you do throw out and start again. Add drained pasta to sauce and mix. Dress with fresh parmesan cheese and, if desired, add tomatoes, red pepper flakes, parsley or basil. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment