Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

This weekend I made my favorite pancake: cottage cheese. I had the [mis]fortune as a kid that my dad made pancakes every Saturday morning. By my teens I decided that I didn't like pancakes (although I still loved french toast and waffles). As an adult, I found two recipes for pancakes that I do like (the other is a swedish pancake). 

Cottage Cheese Pancakes:

6 eggs, separated
2 c. small curd cottage cheese
2/3 c. flour
2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
dash cinnamon
1/8 t. cream of tarter
oil spray for cooking
Garnish: sour cream, preserves, honey, powdered sugar

Beat together egg yolks, cottage cheese, flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. In another bowl beat the egg whites with cream of tarter until stuff, but not dry. Fold the beaten egg white gently into cheese mixture.

Drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto an oiled griddle or skillet. Fry the pancakes until golden brown on both sides until puffy. Serve at once with garnish. Serves 4 generously.

No comments:

Post a Comment